Hanleys are currently seeking a :
Purchasing Officer - Service Division.
Hanleys has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Purchaser wanting to find a rewarding role, one where you can make a difference to the timely repair, delivery of serviced equipment, and availability of floor care equipment, parts and accessories in our Service Warehouse.
For almost 50 years , Hanleys has been known as a leader in the cleaning supply industry. It's grown and succeeded via a passion for building great relationships, offering expert advice and delivering reliable supply. Our service & Machinery Division stocks a broad range of Pressure Washers, Steam Generators & Commercial Floor Care equipment including Vacuums, Sweepers & Scrubbers and has a reputation for the high-quality repair of powered cleaning equipment.
This position has been held for the past 19 years by a dedicated team member who has taken pride in the quality of output, paying particular attention to the overall accuracy and integrity of the stock records, whilst carrying out the day to day functions, and is leaving it in great shape for the right candidate to carry it on. Could that be you?
This role, not only will it allow you the opportunity to make it your own, but it's an opportunity to bring ideas to the table and to enhance the processes and practices that are currently in play.
Hanleys has an unparalleled level of product experience amongst its collective team members. Product training and sharing of knowledge would be a given to any new team member.
Being our Purchasing Officer (Service), you'll use your skill set to carry out all procurement for our Service Workshop, and assist in the correlation or implementation of any future marketing initiatives that may involve products associated with this area of the business.
The duties include but are not limited to:
• Forecasting stock usage and reviewing backorder reports.
• Purchase Order creation, paying particular attention to the inclusion of sufficient detail for parts allocation.
• Receipt of stock into Nexus ERP Software, once goods are physically received into our warehouse.
• Identifying and releasing orders to Picking Slips, for supply.
• Updating Non-Stock Line Register with Supplier costings & stock receipt details, as well as Invoice details, once charged.
• Creation of new Stock Codes on Nexus ERP Software together with inclusion of suitable description and a sourced image.
• Stock Control - Updating of Descriptions, Codes, Status & Standard Costs when Supplier Updates are received, or as required.
• Liaising with Suppliers for stock updates, Purchase Order follow ups & pricing issues.
• Meeting with Suppliers to discuss promotions, pricing, stock issues or other related topics.
• Creation of Credit Claims for stock returns including the packaging and booking of appropriate transportation.
• Completion and submission of Supplier Warranty Claims
• Co-ordination of chemical dispenser installations with Account Managers & third-party electricians, including all relevant Purchase Orders & associated paperwork.
• Participation in a lead role for the Service Division, at the Annual Stock-take.
• Participation as a supportive Team member in the absence of another, assisting with any duties that may be reasonably requested ie answering calls, creating sales orders etc
• Creating & strengthening relationships with suppliers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/attributes:
• Proven Purchasing experience in a similar role
• Happy to work autonomously, as well as in a Team.
• Highly organised, with an attention to detail.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• The ability to build rapport with customers and suppliers
• Solid Microsoft Excel skills
Why is this role perfect for you?
• It’s a Permanent Part-time role 30 hours p/wk with free on-site parking &/or easily accessible by train or bus.
• There is opportunity to enjoy a varied role where you can make a direct impact.
• We have a Genuine, Supportive team environment.
• Our company offers great job security.
• Career opportunity to develop this role further.
This role reports directly to the Directors, as it’s crosses the boundaries of the Administration & Service Division Teams.
Does this role tick all of your boxes? Is this the career move you have been waiting for?
Opportunities like this are rare and exciting.
Contact email@example.com with your cover letter detailing why you are perfect for the role along with your CV.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating Strong relationships with key Suppliers, accurately producing Purchase Orders, Credit & Warranty Claims. You will help us maintain integrity and accuracy in our Stock Master Records and assist with the inclusion of machinery & parts related products on our website. You will collaborate with the sales team and Third-Party technicians to ensure that any dispenser installations are co-ordinated in the most cost effective and timely manner. Finally, your attention to detail and time management skills will be crucial in enabling the Workshop Team to procure the parts and products that allows for a timely repair and/or delivery of machinery-related purchase to our valued customers.
· Maintain & Strengthen our relationships with Service Division related Suppliers
· Forecast, analyse and execute stock replenishment initiatives for our Service Division.
· Identify, record and track all goods considered as Non-Stock lines.
· Create Supplier Credit Claims and Warranty Claims & associated records.
· Co-ordinate the requirements for dispenser installations with Sales Team & Third Party technicians.
· 1-3 years of Procurement experience
· Possess a high attention to detail & great time management skills
· Excellent writing and communication skills
If you have any enquiries about this or other positions that might be available, please make an application via: firstname.lastname@example.org